We are beyond happy to announce the release of ViaCAD 10! Our team has been working hard to bring you new tools and features that will make ViaCAD better than even we imagined. Our goal has been to always deliver the best CAD experience (at any level) without forcing our users to break the bank. And with v10, we think we met that goal and we hope you’ll agree. Please keep reading to learn about all the new features, tools, and availability.
ViaCAD is a highly functional, low-cost 2D/3D design product that helps convert ideas and concepts into precise digital models suitable for prototyping, manufacturing, analysis, and visualization projects.
- 3D Print Tools (surface normals, thickness, overhang, and general print checks)
- 3D PDF Export (share 3D files using Adobe Acrobat ™)
- Updated support for SketchUp™ 2016 Import/Export
- KeyShot Live Linking
- More Subdivision Modeling Tools
- Performance Boosts with 64 bit, multithreaded meshing, and translators
- Improved Bill of Materials and Pockethole feature for Woodworkers
Visit our PunchCAD resources page for videos of many of the new features.
Full Featured CAD for All: ViaCAD includes a powerful array of design tools not normally seen at this price including an innovative user interface supporting the LogiCursor™ technology. Based upon the highly precise ACIS® modeling kernel from Dassault, ViaCAD provides over 300 design tools for hobbyist and professional designers. Featured among these tools are:
- Curve, Mesh, NURB, and precision Solid modeling tools
- Intelligent modeling for rapid design (associativity, history edit, feature tree)
- Industry leading blending and chamfering
- Advanced modeling tools with twist, bend, boss, hole, and shell features
- Local face editing tools for modifying independent of part origins
- Extensive dimension standards and automatic 3D to 2D drawing generation
- Area, distance, mass properties, and interference checking
- Woodworking tools supporting Bill of Materials, rabbet, dovetail, and pocket features
- Architectural tools with intelligent roof, wall, door, and window
- Access 90 minutes of training videos, plus FREE email/phone support
Visit our PunchCAD product pages for more detailed information about specific feature sets.
Industry-Standard Interoperability: ViaCAD provides an extensive set of interoperability solutions for professional industry standard data sharing through IGES, STEP, and SAT. Additional formats include SketchUp®, AutoCAD® DXF/DWG, Adobe Illustrator, Rhinoceros®, STL, 3D-PDF, 3DS Max®, KeyShot, and more.
PowerPack : PowerPack is an optional addon that provides a collection of productivity tools used to validate and repair models for 3D Printing as well as a variety of general purpose tools. New PowerPack features introduced in v10 include:
- Unroll Surface
- BitMap to HeightField Mesh
- Select Same
PowerPack Pro: Converts facet based models into NURBS or analytical solids. Great for converting STL, SketchUp, Modo, Blender, 3D Max, or subdivision files into usable solids. Click here for more information on PowerPack Pro.
Pricing and Availability: ViaCAD 2D, ViaCAD 2D3D, and ViaCAD Pro for Mac and Windows platforms are available from Encore’s Online Store at http://www.punchcad.com/c-12-consumer-cad.aspx priced from $39 to $249 . For more information visit http://www.punchcad.com/