Encore Software is pleased to announce the next major release of Shark FX™ 9. Shark FX is a highly versatile design product that revolutionizes the ease of 3D content creation suitable for 3D printing, rendering, animation, and precise manufacturing. The product is immediately available for Mac OS X and Windows platforms.
Shark FX 9 introduces a powerful new way of designing that combines the features of subdivision modeling along with those of precision NURB modeling. The gap between these traditionally separate modeling methods is bridged by state of the art technology that converts meshes into optimized smooth NURB models suitable for solid modeling operations such as blending, chamfering, and shelling as well and exporting to .dwg, IGES and STEP file formats. Unique to Shark is the ability to retain the control mesh as part of a feature tree for rapid design iterations that involve the mesh and precise feature operations.
New for Version 9
Shark FX 9 adds a variety of new features that improve performance, productivity, and versatility that include:
- 64 Bit Modeling for improved handling of large files
- Updated Dassault Systèmes™ ACIS Modeling Kernel
- Quad Mesh, Add Loop, Extrude Loop, Bridge, Subdivision Tools
- Mesh to NURBs based on IntegrityWare™ patent pending technology
- SolidWorks™, SolidEdge™, NX™, and Parasolids™ translators*
- 3D PDF Export*
- Woodworking features (dado, miter, dovetail, tongue/groove)
- Boolean Edge Treatments
- 100+ program updates/changes
A Full Array of Features
The new features build upon an already strong set of design tools integrated through a friendly user interface.
- Curve, Surface, and Solid Modeling
- Direct Face and Feature Based Editing
- Chamfer, Blend, Shell, Bend, Twist, Holes, and Boss Features
- NURB surface tools and Stitch to Solid
- Associative and History Based Intelligence for Rapid Iterations
- Automatic 3D to 2D Drawing Generation
- Rendering and Animation
- IGES, STEP, VDA, ProE, CATIA, ProE, OBJ, STL Formats
*Feature available on Windows only
For more information please visit the Shark FX 9 product page.