Encore is pleased to announce the next major release of the ViaCAD™ family of products consisting of ViaCAD 2D, ViaCAD 2D3D and ViaCAD Pro. ViaCAD is a highly functional, low-cost 2D/3D design product that revolutionizes 3D digital ideation and do it yourself manufacturing. ViaCAD 9 is immediately available for Mac OS X and Windows platforms.
New for Version 9: The release extends existing precision solid modeling methods with the introduction of easy to use conceptual design mesh tools including subdivision modeling. Additionally ViaCAD introduces new woodworking specific features for creating dado, tongue and groove, rabbet, miter, and dovetail joints.
- Customizable Grids
- Updated modeling and interoperability kernel
- Quad mesh tools
- Improved STL Output
- 3D Arrays
- Subdivision (ViaCAD Pro)
- Woodworking joints (ViaCAD Pro)
- 64-bit computing (Mac Only)
A Full Array of Features: Key features to ViaCAD comprise a powerful array of tools not normally seen in consumer products:
- LogiCursor™ that anticipates your moves
- NURB Surface Modeling
- Feature Based Solid Modeling
- Automated 3D to 2D Drawing Generation
- 2D and 3D Architectural Tools
- Over ninety minutes of training videos
Advanced CAD tools: Both the 2D and 3D design functions provide a complete set of tools for professional and precision designers that include:
- Precise NURBS and Analytic kernel from Dassault Systèmes(™)
- IGES & STEP import/export for precise data sharing
- The ability to create fillets, chamfers, bosses, shells, and variable radius blends
- Boolean operations in solids, extrusions, healing and repair, parametric features and associativity at high precision.
Parts Libraries as a standard: A 26,000-plus parts library enables the rapid creation of 2D and 3D designs with existing parts, using drag-and-drop functions and dynamic positioning. Ready-to-use models include HVAC networks, kitchen elements, posed figures, office furniture, mechanical parts, home elements and more. These parts libraries are delivered as a standard part of the product.
Industry-Standard Interoperability: ViaCAD has been developed to include professional industry standard interoperability including format support for: SketchUp (PC Only), AutoCAD® 2014, Adobe Illustrator, DXF/DWG, ACIS SAT, IGES, STEP, STL, OBJ, VRML, 3DS Max®, and more.
ViaCAD is available now from Punch! Software’s web site at: http://www.punchcad.com/.
Upgrades are available to existing customers starting at $59.99.
Click Image for What's New Video